I have known for some time now that Colossians 1:28-29 is to be the theme scripture for our ministry through Next Level Worship, LLC. However, during my quiet time this morning, the Lord clearly showed me 5 reasons why this is to be our mission statement.
Please understand that the devotional writing below is from very personal thoughts I journaled before God during this morning’s quiet time. I share this with you simply to give you a better understanding of our purposes and goals here at NLW. I do not claim to have any “corner” on this passage. In fact, I want to challenge all of us as leaders and servants in God’s Church to ask ourselves what our mission is. I believe more than a few of us should consider claiming Colossians 1:28-29 as our own personal mission statement for life… (To read from Dwayne’s personal QT journal…)
Devotion Title: To the End I Labor Journaled on 1-26-2007
Text: Colossians 1:28-29 Theme: Paul knew his job and how to accomplish it Key verses: “We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.” What God said to me: Know your job, Dwayne, and how to accomplish it. This is your theme passage for the remainder of your days on this earth. This is your personal and professional mission statement. Let’s dissect it and see what it is I expect of you and the ministry I’ve now called you to.
- First, make sure what you do proclaims – and that you do proclaim – me and only me. Never proclaim yourself and draw more attention to your name than you do to mine. Purposefully and continuously seek ways to make me known among the lost around you. Your calling to worship leaders is secondary to your mandate to witness to those who could go to hell separated from me.
- Secondly, I have gifted you to teach. I have given you unique insights regarding worship and praise. But you have far from arrived. Keep learning from my Word and from others. Be a student of my Holy Bible for life. Never stop growing. Then, passionately and joyfully pass your knowledge and wisdom on to anyone who will listen. Let me decide who those people are. You just be faithful to teach and admonish.
- Third, know your goal, which is “to present everyone perfect in Christ.” In other words, you should feel the responsibility to help bring my people into maturity in my Son. That weight comes in the form of a cross for you – dying to yourself and allowing me to work through you to impact my little ones.
- NOTE: To read numbers 4 and 5 from Dwayne’s devotion, please click here to go to this entry in his Online Quiet Time Journal.
Rate this: [ratings]
- To receive emailed alerts about new posts and updates on this site, please enter your email address below. (Your address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.) Thanks!